Feed on Posts or Comments 22 January 2018

Common Defense Richard Falknor on 21 Oct 2011 11:24 am

Obama Administration: No Islam Talk in Training Material

“FBI analyst William Gawthrup is one of several experts on Islam whose training materials arouse the ire of the Muslim Brotherhood-affiliated groups.”

“‘[Gawthrup declares] What’s the difference? Religion is man’s relationship to his deity. In the United States, we protect it under the first amendment. We’re going to set it aside. We are not going to discuss religion. We are going to discuss Islam as an ideology — man’s relationship to other men.’

‘We’re going to be discussing that component of Islam that is nonreligious,’ Gawthrup adds. ‘That component comprises about 83 percent of the ideology. Islam is only about 17 percent religious. The other 83 percent discusses the relationship [of Muslims] with the non-Islamic world.’ ”– Daily Caller post.

Long-time investigative reporter Kenneth Timmerman reveals today that —

“Deputy U.S. Attorney General James Cole confirmed on Wednesday that the Obama administration was pulling back all training materials used for the law enforcement and national security communities, in order to eliminate all references to Islam that some Muslim groups have claimed are offensive.

‘I recently directed all components of the Department of Justice to re-evaluate their training efforts in a range of areas, from community outreach to national security,’ Cole told a panel at the George Washington University law school.

The move comes after complaints from advocacy organizations including the Council on American Islamic Relations (CAIR) and others identified as Muslim Brotherhood front groups in the 2004 Holy Land Foundation terror fundraising trial.”

Mid-East expert and author Timmerman underscored a former US prosecutor’s insight–

“Reviewing these decisions at a forum about Sharia on Thursday, former Assistant U.S. Attorney Andrew C. McCarthy said the effort to include such groups as reviewers of training materials would have a ‘paralyzing’ effect on law enforcement.

‘What you’re doing is empowering the worst elements of the American Islamic community, which are the leadership elements linked to the Muslim Brotherhood, and you’re selling out the rank and file of American Muslims,’ McCarthy said.”

This Obama Administration policy is a frightening development — and citizens of all parties should recognize it as such.  For this reason, we would urge voters to ask their politicians for an accounting on this grave matter.

Will these public men or women support — or will they actively oppose and speak against — the “no Islam talk” in law-enforcement training?

We suggest they ask in particular —

  • Virginia governor Bob McDonnell who is hosting a very special reception for House of Delegates candidate David Ramadan on the evening of Wednesday, October 26, in the Tower Club at Tysons Corner with tickets ranging from $5,000 to $250.  Stay tuned for detail on the “Host Committee” on this so-elegant political event.

  • Virginia state senate candidate Dick Black who has received contributions from questionable sources — and done campaign business with an unusual firm — over the years here and here.

Maryland and nearby Virginia readers will have an opportunity to hear Kenneth Timmerman and other experts on the “Is Sharia Law Coming to Maryland?” panel at the Maryland Conservative Action Network “Turning the Tides” Conference on Saturday, October 29, in Annapolis.

Comments are closed.

Trackback This Post |